Kybella is the best non-surgical treatment for double chin. It can improve moderate to severe fullness under the chin Kybella is deoxycholic acid, a chemical produced naturally by the body.
Kybella is delivered to the area of fat under the chin through a series of specifically placed tiny injections with a fine sterile needle. Once you have been assessed as a good candidate for Kybella, you will return to Chelsea Skin & Laser for treatment. Consultation and treatment happen on 2 different days.
On the day of treatment, the area will be cleaned, and a pattern of injection dots will be applied under the chin. The area may be iced before and after and a numbing agent may be added to the product to aid in your comfort. No anesthesia is needed but we will often administer a local anesthetic injection to the area to minimize discomfort. Please let your practitioner know if you are allergic to anesthetic.
Kybella is a customized treatment. Depending on the amount of fullness present and results desired, the average patient will require 2-4 treatments to see significant results. Few patients notice results after 1 treatment. Treatments are scheduled at Chelsea Skin & Laser approximately 6 weeks apart.
The effects of Kybella have shown to be permanent. Excessive weight gain post treatment may result in some reduction of the result.
How will it feel and how will I look after the treatment?
• The area may feel sore, jiggly, or heavy from the product and swelling from your body’s reaction to the product. It’s typical for the area to appear larger than before treatment. Once the product is absorbed into the system, the area will look more like it did prior to the treatment.
• Makeup can be applied immediately after to cover minor bruising or redness.
• Avoid strenuous physical activity/exercise 24 hours post treatment.
• Application of ice intermittently for a short period of time after the treatment may reduce swelling.
• Ibuprofen taken 1 hour prior to treatment may reduce treatment discomfort.
• Acetaminophen may be taken post treatment to help reduce discomfort.
Possible redness, swelling, bruising, numbness, areas of hardness, tingling, nodules, itching, skin tightness, headache. Side effects typically resolve themselves in 1-4 weeks without treatment. Other less common side effects include nerve injury resulting in uneven smile or facial muscle weakness, temporary trouble swallowing, superficial skin ulceration/erosions, loss of skin pigment in treatment area. Cases usually resolve without treatment in an average of 6 weeks. Visible asymmetry in the treatment area may occur.
Tell your practitioner if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding, have had or plan to have surgery or cosmetic treatments on the lower face, neck, or chin, have or have had recent medical conditions including any type of infection in or near the neck area, trouble swallowing, bleeding problems or are taking blood thinners.
If you have any history of herpes on the face, we may recommend taking an oral antiviral pill prior to your treatment. Bruising risks can be minimized by avoiding aspirin, Advil, Aleve, Motrin, ibuprofen, ginkgo biloba, ginseng, concentrated garlic and alcohol for one week prior to treatment.
For more information visit: