Here are some basic guidelines to follow prior to your surgery:
- Avoid alcohol consumption the week prior to your procedure.
- Stop all alternative treatments (garlic, ginkgo, licorice extracts, fish oil and vitamin E doses over 400 units) one week before surgery, it is unknown what effect these substances may have on bleeding and wound healing.
- Stop pain medications and arthritis type formulas such as aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc. for one week prior. Tylenol is OK. § Please note: If aspirin is taken for a prior history of stroke or cardiac events, check with your appropriate doctor to see if it may be prior to surgery.
- Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, etc. may be resumed 2 days after surgery if no unusual bleeding has occurred.
- If you have been ill, had fever, or taking new medication not previously discussed with your practitioner, notify them in advance of your surgery as it may need to be rescheduled
What to arrange in advance:
- Post operatively you may need to limit your range of motion in the area of the surgery to minimize risk of stretching the scar or causing stitches to pop out. Please plan accordingly.
- After your surgery, you will need to change and dress the sit daily. Make arrangements so that you can have help if it is a difficult to reach area.
- If your wound requires sutures, then you will need to return to our office for suture removal 5-14 days later depending on the body location. Plan your surgery at a time where you can return back to the office in the recommended amount of time. Make your appointment with the front desk on
the day of your surgery.
- There may be lab fees associated with your surgery. These fees are billed by the lab not Chelsea Skin & Laser. Please check with your insurance company in advance of your surgery to ask if lab fees are covered.
If you have any questions, please call the office 212-675-0549.